Ocala Wrongful Death Lawyer
If you have suffered the unexpected loss of a loved one, Piccin & Glynn in Ocala, Florida can help you. Dedicated to serving the needs of surviving family members in wrongful death cases for over 60 combined years, John and Katie will fight to get you compensated for your loved one’s death. Although no amount of money can fill the void of losing someone, monetary compensation is the sole avenue of redress that our civil justice system provides. Contact our Ocala wrongful death lawyer to learn more.
In Florida, you can sue for either negligently or intentionally causing a death. Negligent wrongful death cases include deaths resulting from motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, defective products, or other negligence. You can bring a lawsuit even if the person who caused your loved one’s death was already criminally prosecuted.
Family members can recover money in wrongful death cases
Florida law allows for surviving dependents or relatives to obtain money damages resulting from another person’s actions or inaction. Damages that may be recoverable include:
- Lost Earnings. The lost earnings from the date of the injury and into the future.
- Lost Net Accumulation. Expected net business income or salary (including pensions) that the deceased would have earned over his or her normal life expectancy.
- Medical or Funeral Expenses. The costs incurred for medical bills and burial/cremation expenses.
- Loss of Companionship and Protection. Minor children can recover for loss of parental guidance and instruction. Spouses may recover damages for the loss of their best friend and companion.
- Mental Pain and Suffering. This includes both physical and mental pain, anxiety, and stress that resulted from the death.
- Lost Support and Services. This includes both past and future loss of support and services that unreasonably would have been provided by the decedent.
Grieving is a process, and our firm understands this sensitive time. During this process, you should never make any major decisions without first consulting with an experienced wrongful death lawyer. Accepting insurance settlements and signing release agreements releasing wrongdoers from liability should be avoided until you have sought the advice of an lawyer. Piccin & Glynn will provide you with the guidance you need and the experience you trust to get through this difficult time.
Contact our experienced Ocala wrongful death lawyers today
Only an experienced wrongful death lawyer can properly advise you of your rights. Serving Ocala, Marion County, and Central Florida, Piccin & Glynn will provide you with a free confidential consultation regarding any possible wrongful death claim. So call (352) 351-5446 or (800) 969-5446 today.