Handling A Wide Variety Of Medical Malpractice Claims In Central Florida
You need trusted legal help if you have been injured because of a medical professional’s negligence. The attorneys at Piccin & Glynn have helped victims of medical malpractice get their deserved compensation for decades. You can schedule your free consultation at our Ocala office now by calling us at 352-581-6174.
Common Types Of Medical Malpractice Claims
Doctors and hospitals can be negligent and commit medical malpractice in many ways. Some of the most common kinds of malpractice include:
- Failure to diagnose: If a doctor fails to ask the right questions, perform the necessary tests or otherwise diagnose an illness that should have been identified, a patient can get sent home without the necessary treatment. Delay in treatment can lead to serious and unnecessary complications.
- Misdiagnosis: Diagnosing the wrong condition can often be more dangerous than failing to diagnose at all. This is because a doctor will generally start treatment for the wrong illness and will cease utilizing tests and other diagnostic tools.
- Medication errors: Many different mistakes can occur regarding prescribing and administering medication. Doctors can write incorrect prescriptions or can fail to consider potential allergies or dangerous combinations of medicines. Additionally, nurses or staff members may give hospital patients the wrong dosage or type of medication.
- Surgical errors: Doctors who make negligent mistakes during surgery can cause serious injury. Some forms of negligence include operating while fatigued or impaired, operating on the wrong body part, leaving surgical instruments inside a patient and not providing adequate postoperative care.
- Birth injuries: Mistakes made during labor and delivery can often lead to long-lasting injuries to the infant, including cerebral palsy and other severe neurological injuries.
Talk To A Knowledgeable Attorney In A Free Consultation
No matter the type of injuries that you suffered at the hands of a medical professional, our law firm can help. You can contact us now and schedule your free consultation by calling us at 352-581-6174 or by sending us an email. We can visit your home or hospital room if you cannot come to our Ocala office.