Aggressively Fighting For Victims Of Trucking Accidents
Fully loaded large trucks usually weigh more than 80,000 pounds. It is very difficult even for experienced drivers to control these massive vehicles. Other circumstances, such as bad weather or an oversize load, make this task even more daunting. As a result, the risk of a truck-vehicle accident is quite high. And given the size of these trucks, victims often sustain catastrophic injuries in these crashes.
These cases are often legally complex as well as factually complex. That’s why you need experienced motor vehicle accident attorneys like at Piccin & Glynn on your side. Our Ocala lawyers have over 60 years of combined experience and have handled many trucking cases. Our clients get more than experienced attorneys, they also get a small army of investigators, paralegals and other professionals who are dedicated to maximum compensation in their injury cases. You can also call our office now at 352-581-6174 to schedule your free consultation.
Important Things To Remember If You Have Been In A Truck Accident
- Make a police report: Although typically inadmissible in court, a police report can be very helpful in settlement negotiations. It will contain facts such as which driver was at fault, the names of witnesses, and driving conditions.
- Call a lawyer: Contacting an experienced lawyer is one of the most important things you can do when you have been involved in an accident. Not only will your lawyer negotiate with the insurance company, but your lawyer will also gather crucial facts and preserve the necessary evidence to ensure that you win your case. Piccin & Glynn also makes hospital and home visits to get you help when you need it most.
- Maintain good medical records: If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, you will undoubtedly seek medical care. When you see a doctor or practitioner, make sure you ask for your records so that you can show them to your lawyer.
- Document with photographs. Photographs are a powerful tool that can be used in court to show your injuries and the damage to your car, truck or motorcycle.
Finding The Driver Background In Truck Crashes
Most truck drivers in Florida have out-of-state drivers’ licenses. As a result, it’s almost impossible to obtain driving records. But the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s Safety Management System is an even better substitute. It keeps track of key metrics like:
- Unsafe driving,
- At-fault collisions,
- HOS (hours of service) compliance,
- Vehicle maintenance,
- Alcohol/substance abuse infractions, and
- Vehicle maintenance.
With this kind of information, it is easier to establish negligence in the eyes of a jury.
Why Choose Us For Your Truck Accident Case?
- Experience: Having handled hundreds of motor vehicle accident cases, Piccin & Glynn has the experienced Ocala automobile, truck and motorcycle accident lawyers you need. If your case goes to trial, John Piccin and Katie Glynn will personally handle your trial. They may also enlist other lawyers to assist.
- Answers: Piccin & Glynn will answer all your questions, including those related to insurance coverage. Navigating the complicated world of hospital liens, Medicare and Medicaid liens, and other outstanding bills can be overwhelming. Piccin & Glynn will negotiate those issues on your behalf.
- Peace of mind: Piccin & Glynn will ensure that your rights are protected and will gather all documents necessary to win your case. Hospital records, bills, reports and other required documentation will be gathered and maintained by Piccin & Glynn. We will deal directly with the insurance companies and defense lawyers so that you can focus on what’s most important: getting better.
- Free case evaluation: As with all our practice areas, call us for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Talk To A Knowledgeable Truck Accident Lawyer
Large truck accidents often cause serious injuries and understanding who is at fault can be difficult. You can get immediate help by contacting Piccin & Glynn and scheduling your free consultation with an experienced truck accident lawyer. Our attorneys can connect victims with doctors, even if they have no money or insurance.